Promoting Referrals and Meeting Patient Needs
Copies distributed annually
Published annually since 2007
Our 2018 Survey reflects:
- 80% of respondents stated that they have referred clients to somebody in the directory.
- 50% of users did not have a name in mind the most recent they used in the directory.
- 82% found providers in the directory they previously did not know about.
- 62% stated they need to be impartial in their roles and provide clients with a choice of options where possible.
- The Primary Health & Wellbeing Services Directory includes all Allied Health Services, GP’s and GP Practices, Needs Assessors, Disability Services, Respite Care, Mental Health Services and community and specialist health services nationwide.
- The Directory is a well established referral tool used by health and social service providers to on-refer to other services.
- It is also an invaluable quick reference networking tool for health professionals.
- General Practitioners
- Practice Managers/ Nurses
- Social workers / Advocates
- Needs Assessors
- Home Care Providers
- Health Professionals – including Audiologists, Chiropractors, Counsellors, Midwives, Optometrists, Osteopaths, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists
- Mental Health Service providers
- Community & Health organisations, e.g. CAB, Plunket Nurses, Family Planning, Child & Youth Services, Health Support Organisations, Community Constables
- Elderly and Disability service organisations
- All organisations represented in the directory
“In our practice I pass on referral information to patients, usually for physios, optometrists, osteopaths and other health professionals. Our practice nurse also uses the book. GP’s get reception to look up details for patients – it’s all useful for the whole team”
Having information at my finger tips and to be able to have it on me when doing home visits.
Patients often see their doctor with multiple issues – we find it works well for the doctor to focus on medical problems and for the practice nurse to assist with broader issues”
“Social work is all about networking and connecting people into systems and services – this book helps with a core part of our work”
“A lot of my work is over the phone giving out names and numbers. I use the book once a day, it lives on my desk and I use all categories”
“I have to be impartial – with the book I can show people the range available and point them to the healthpages.co.nz website to make their choice”
“Both your book and healthpages.co.nz are the best resource available to me – easy to use and look up”